The aroma of fresh baked bread speaks of home and comfort. Adding the Jalapeno Gouda gives this bread a subtle spicy note. Serve Gouda Bread warm with eggs for breakfast.
- 2 teaspoons instant yeast
- 1 cup lukewarm milk
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 ounces Jalapeno Gouda (or flavor of your choice), grated
- 1 ounce Aged Gouda (or other aged hard cheese), grated
- Place the milk and yeast in the bowl of a stand mixer and let it proof for 5 minutes. Using the dough hook, turn the mixer on to low speed. Slowly add the flour, salt, sugar, and Goudas. Continue to mix until the dough forms a cohesive ball. You can adjust the consistency with milk if it’s too dry.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured board and knead for 8-10 minutes.
- Form the dough into a ball and place in a covered greased bowl. Allow to rise until double.
- Roll out the dough into a rectangle, about 8 inches by 12 inches. Roll up the dough and place in a greased loaf pan. Allow to rise again, about 30 minutes.
- Cut slits in the top to allow for expansion during baking. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool in the loaf pan for 10 minutes before removing.