I don’t know about you, but I am always looking for things that will make life easier. I love to come home from work to a clean house, but who has time to do the cleaning? Life should be enjoyed, and cleaning house is not on the top of my list of things to do when I get home from work. It may be somewhere on the list near listening to political speeches or getting a root canal.
So, I got Alfred. Alfred is my new best friend. He’s an iRobot vacuum cleaner and he saves me from the daily dust mopping that is inherently necessary when you have pets and wood floors. He really didn’t save me any time at first, since I spent the morning following him around and watching him. It was much more entertaining than political speeches, trust me.
Another thing that saves time in the morning is this Overnight Blackberry Bundt Cake recipe. You mix it up at night and pop it in the fridge. Allowing the Quark time to absorb into the flour adds a nice moist texture. In the morning all you need to do is bake it and in no time at all, breakfast is served! This is great when you have company over. They will be impressed, I promise!
Overnight Blackberry Bundt Cake
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Quark
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh blackberries (or fresh berries of your choice)
- Grease and flour a ten cup bundt pan.
- Beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, and the Quark.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon until combined. Stir into the Quark mixture, do not overmix.
- Gently fold the blackberries into the batter.
- Spread the batter into the prepared bundt pan, cover with plastic wrap and chill 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Remove plastic wrap from the bundt pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the thickest part comes out clean, about 40 to 45 minutes.
- Cool 10 to 15 minutes. Gently loosen from the sides of the pan and invert onto a serving platter.
- Once cooled completely, top with powdered sugar or lemon icing.