The Harvest of the Month at Sustainable Connections for June is Salad Greens. I decided to pair the salad greens with a chunky, creamy, cheddar salad dressing. The creamy salad dressing is perfect with crisp salad greens fresh from local farms or the farmer’s market.
Creamy Cheddar Dressing
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 2 tablespoons milk (or more if dressing is too thick)
- 4 ounces extra sharp cheddar
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, finely chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
In a medium bowl, whisk together the oil, lemon juice, and mustard.
Stir in the yogurt, milk, cheese, garlic, and chives. Season with salt and pepper.
Chill for 20 minutes before serving.
**This makes a chunky dressing, if you prefer a smoother dressing, mix the ingredients in a blender or food processor.
Adapted from a Cabot Cheese recipe